Sunday, June 8, 2014

So about that Jump

Long story short, it didn't happen. Period. It really sounded like a great idea at the time. It felt like I could do it. But I can't. I won't. There were some things I didn't think through when I decided to make this jump. Some practical things. I was caught up in the emotion of it all. Yet, it wasn't a thought out process. I wish I could just act on emotion alone, but I can't. There are much bigger things to consider, which I didn't. The great thing about this all is, "the heart of man plans his ways, but the Lord establishes his step" (Proverbs 16:9). Once I saw that I wasn't going to jump, I didn't make peace with it. I just accepted it. However, as the days have continued to come and go some days have been easy to accept this fact, and others have been hard..really, really hard. But one thing I can trust is that the Lord is ordering my steps--or in this case--my jump. He sees and knows that which I do not. I trust in that. Some days God will give me just a hint of vision of why jumping at the specific time I wanted may not have been the right time. In it all, as it has always been,when my plan doesn't work out..I must trust in His. There are a lot of "trust" verses, the Lord has given me. Proverbs 3:5-6 is my life verse (Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding but in all your ways acknowledge Him and he shall direct your paths ). Psalm 73:26  (My flesh and my my heart may fail,, but God is the strength of my life) is on my refrigerator as a daily reminder. This is real life folks. The Bible is my guide.

With time and continued trust in the Lord, the idea of still being on this ride as I watch those things I have grown to know as familiar, will become...easier. I hope. But even if they don't, I trust that where I am is where I am supposed to be until the Lord says otherwise.

Instead of ending this with a jump, as I thought in my last post, I end this with yet another ride. Except this time instead of just begrudgingly going along for the ride, this time around I will try and enjoy it. I will try and make the best of this ride...of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment